Translations - just a heads up

Jan Schubert Jan.Schubert at GMX.li
Tue Feb 26 09:23:35 PST 2013

On 26.02.2013 02:40, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> In preparation for 3.0.1 we have fixed a surprising number of bugs.

This is mainly that we released something, finally. And we got a good
numbers of users attracted.
Lesson learned: release often :-). And spread the word!

>  Huge
> Kudos to those of you who jumped on things and helped make Subsurface so
> much better. Thank you Linus, Lubomir, Miika, Salvador, Cristian, Robert
> and Reinout.

I'd recommend not only to focus on people contributing code/patches but
also people testing, giving user support, providing test data, spreading
the word...
And of course, not to forget the most important person in here: Dirk!

Another lesson learned from my point of view is, that we might have to
rethink the use of Trac: In my understanding new users are going to use
Trac the same way as I've thought in the beginning: not only to report
bugs but also enhancement, whishes, change requests... This is something
- as I understood - Dirk has not been a big friend of so far, but seems
to be common for other projects, business and in peoples mind. We might
have to rethink how to find a good integration between the mailing list
and Trac.
And some very specific note for Trac: Not being able to create a user by
my own nor changing the password (once Dirk created a user) nor being
able to remember the user/session nor the browser seems to be able to
store the password is something we should solve before we might think of
using Trac more than in the past.

Just my EUR 0,02,
//Jan