getting ready for 3.0.1

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Feb 26 11:56:48 PST 2013

Jan Schubert <Jan.Schubert at GMX.li> writes:

> On 26.02.2013 17:16, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>> I created installers for Windows and Mac again. They are in the
>> downloads folder on the website (3.0-59-ge65a4a7f087e)
>>

> Just tested the -59 windows installer on a box running Vista which has
> never seen subsurface before. Everything worked fine so far:
> - downloading from Shearwater Predator using Bluetooth
> - browsing dives
> - editing dives
> - adding GPS data through map
>
> The only oddity is, it has been shown up in German while the whole
> computer has been setup in English?

How very odd. Subsurface literally checks with your OS what the language
setup is:

	gchar *locale = g_win32_getlocale();
	snprintf(buffer, sizeof(buffer), "LANGUAGE=%s.UTF-8", locale);
	putenv(buffer);

> No idea why. And we had this before in here: Having the abibility to
> change the UI language inside the app would be quite nice.

It's not all that simple - how do I know that that locale is actually
installed? I don't have enough experience with doing all this on Windows
and Mac. And even on Linux this could lead to odd situations