Fwd: sample UDDF file

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Wed Feb 27 08:10:54 PST 2013

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 8:00 AM, Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> wrote:

> This time format is not currently parsed in XSLT. I thought that it
> was already implemented in Subsurface, but it seems that the time is
> ignored by Subsurface parser if the datetime is given as is to it.

The UDDF crazy time format *is* parsed by parse-xml.c, but it's only
parsed for the UDDF datetime field.

And if your XSLT transformation removes the UDDF marker, then we won't
do any of the UDDF special parsing.

So the XSLT needs to either fix the date format, or it needs to leave
in the UDDF marker (which is just the "<uddf version=xyz>" at the top
level.

> It would be easy to split the datetime field to separate date and time
> fields in XSLT. Any possible timezone information would be quite a bit
> harder to take into account properly.. However, all the samples I have
> contain the time in simple universal format.

The datetime format (aka ISO 8601) is what the various files on the
internet seem to have. The DR5 uddf files do the
timezone, but anything is possible, I guess.

                    Linus