Bulding 3.0.1 Under Ubuntu 10.04 i386

Lutz Vieweg lvml at 5t9.de
Wed Feb 27 09:40:28 PST 2013

On 02/27/2013 04:50 PM, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> writes:
>> 10.04 seems to have only version 2.24 available, so it might be that
>> Subsurface can not be compiled on this system.

Of course you can, you just have to compile and link newer
versions of some libraries as a prerequisite.

> No offense, but why would anyone build on 10.4?

I happen to write this email on a desktop PC running CentOS 5.

And I once ran Subsurface on some PC running CentOS 6.

Yes, the number of additional prerequisites not covered by
what the distribution already offers gets much longer over time,
but it's nevertheless possible to compile subsurface.

Regards,

Lutz Vieweg