[BUG] GTimeZone broken on Windows

Lutz Vieweg lvml at 5t9.de
Wed Feb 27 10:30:45 PST 2013

On 02/27/2013 06:58 PM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> So what we want to get is "what is the time that describes the string
> 'Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 9:53 AM' in UTC".

Ok, weird, but understandable that way.

IMHO timezones should be abandoned, anyway.

Each day should be sliced into 1,000,000 sedecs,
so clocks would usually display just a three-digit
number of kilo-sedecs (ks).

My usual breakfast time here could be at 750ks,
and it could be at 500ks or at 250ks when I'm in a different
part of the world - wouldn't really matter.

IMHO it's a strange habit that people rather
re-normalize their time scale instead of just planning
their activities at different numbers when they are elsewhere.

The days when we needed a fixed relation between analog clock
arm positions and the position of the sun for navigation are
sooo long ago...

Regards,

Lutz Vieweg