Dive planning risk due to timezone unawareness

Lutz Vieweg lvml at 5t9.de
Wed Feb 27 12:18:46 PST 2013

On 02/27/2013 06:58 PM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> We're basically shaving off all the timezone
> information, because none of the dive computers we have access to get
> it right anyway, and nobody really cares.

I just realized there should at least be a warning in
the manual that if Subsurface is used shortly after changing
time zones, dive planning may make significantly wrong
assumptions on the pre-existing tissue saturation of the diver.

The worst-case scenario would be a short trip over the
international date-line, if the diver correctly changes his
locale settings, and plans a dive thereafter that Subsurface
assumes to be in the past of another logged dive he actually
recently did.

Regards,

Lutz Vieweg