Bulding 3.0.1 Under Ubuntu 10.04 i386

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Feb 28 06:44:27 PST 2013

When I cut 3.0.1 I didn't realize that our Ubuntu .deb files would possibly be built on Ubuntu 10.4. So 3.0.1 doesn't compile on 10.4 and if that is indeed the desired build platform then I'll need to do a 3.0.2 - I don't think having binaries built on random git versions is a smart idea.

That said - can a Ubuntu 12.4 or 12.10 system install / run those binaries? Because while I can understand that you want to stay on 10.4 - most users will be on 12.04 or 12.10…

/D