PATCH: OSX will not compile due to LaunchService header file not found

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Feb 28 07:50:01 PST 2013

Amit Chaudhuri <amit.k.chaudhuri at gmail.com> writes:

> How odd.  Or maybe not.  I tried it on my machine (10.8) both with and
> without the -framework CoreServices line and without worked so I trimmed.
> So to my (untutored) eye there are changes in cpompiling (find header in
> framework) & linking (need for explicit reference to CoreServices)
> behaviour between these versions of OS X?

Yes. But at least when I build binaries as 32bit on 10.6 they work
everywhere else. I'd build on an earlier version but the geniuses doing
the Mac port of Gtk are using functions that aren't in 10.4 :-(
(I guess I have to try 10.5 one of these days... but my logs show not a
single hit of the website with 10.5 or earlier...)

> As a matter of interest, where on your 10.7 system is LSOpen.h?

Same location as on yours :-/