Bulding 3.0.1 Under Ubuntu 10.04 i386

Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn cristian.ionescu-idbohrn at axis.com
Thu Feb 28 09:47:43 PST 2013

On Thu, 28 Feb 2013, Robert Wolfe wrote:

> I am responding to this email with the link half expecting some sort
> of "flack" from others on the mailing list, but, here is my
> contribution (so far):
>
> http://fpsoft.net/subsurface/Debian/i386/

Robert,

I'd be interested to have a look at the package .diff:s for
libdivecomputer and subsurface.  For those interested, debian package
source consists of a few files.  Example:

subsurface_1.2-1.debian.tar.gz	- debian specific files
subsurface_1.2-1.dsc		- description
subsurface_1.2.orig.tar.gz	- "original" tar ball

It is the debian specific files I'm interested of.
Maybe, a better alternative is to provide the package source, with a
simple set of instructions, so the interested people can build their
own, instead of providing binary packages for:

* 3 debian versions/2 arch at least
* 3 ubuntu releases/2 archs at least
* 2 upstream tar balls (libdivecomputer and subsurface)

How many binary packages does that add up to?

Cheers,

--
Cristian