Autotools build environment

Philip Van Hoof philip at codeminded.be
Thu Jan 3 13:42:19 PST 2013

Hi everybody,

I noticed that subsurface's build environment is a Makefile with manual
calls to pkg-config. Although this probably works fine I did notice some
difficulties in trying to use the Makefile.

Given that subsurface already depends on libdivecomputer which uses
autotools, I recommend to use autotools for subsurface too.

Is this something the subsurface team is willing to consider (if I would
make a branch with a patch that changes it)?

ps. I'm not trying to say that I like autotools. But for gtk+ based
projects it's frequently used.

Kind regards,

Philip

--