XML format change

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Fri Jan 4 16:37:44 PST 2013

On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 4:31 PM, Linus Torvalds

> I  think that's a *feature*.
>
> If you want to call them the same thing, you can always just give them
> the same nickname. But we'd actually *want* different ID's for the
> dive computers exactly so that we can then have things like firmware
> information for those two different ID's.

Btw. I think it might be worth it to put the dive computer info in an
"equipment" XML tree, rather than under "settings" and
"divecomputerid".

So the xml file would look like

  <equipment>
    <device model='Suunto Vyper Air' deviceid='d4629110'
nickname='Suunto Vyper Air' serial='a123456789' \>
  </equipment>

or something.

Because we may some day want to track other devices too. Maybe not,
but there's no reason to make this all particularly tied to dive
computers per se.

             Linus