first cut of dive planning

Jan Schubert Jan.Schubert at GMX.li
Sat Jan 5 09:01:58 PST 2013

On 01/05/13 09:03, Dirk Hohndel wrote:

>     What is missing is the ability to give the algorithm additional gases that
>     it can use during the deco phase - right now it simply keeps using the
>     last gas used in the diveplan.

OK, you mean for calculating the remaining TTS (time to surface)? As
I've seen I can define different gases for the different segments!?

BTW, coming back to what is missing: Not to forget the CC part :-)

> This code does take the ascent into account when calculating deco
> stops. Let's assume your current ceiling is 12.1m and you are at 36m
> depth. The next stop would be at 15m. By the time you reach 15m your
> ceiling has moved up to 11.8m. The code simply keeps going up to the 12m
> stop in this case.

Just to make sure: There is not (yet) a automated ascend based on a
maximum ascend speed!?

I just played around and got some funny looking profiles (saw tooth is a
good description for some of them :-). But I also managed to get a idea
what is working and that looks promising.

Thx,
Jan