Meaning of GF settings

Robert C. Helling helling at atdotde.de
Sun Jan 6 00:23:39 PST 2013

On Jan 6, 2013, at 12:17 AM, Dirk Hohndel wrote:

Dirk,

>> Let me know what you think but it seems to me deco.c would need a complete rewrite to at least match my understanding of the GF algorithm.
>
> Well, instead of starting with the theory and formulas I decided to start with an existing implementation. That's were many of the choices and implementation details come from. But with your and Jan's help I'm thinking I'm getting a much better grasp of the formulas and may decide to redo this.
>
> But my experience is that it is much better to have some half assed code and make it better than to wait for someone else to do the perfect implementation.

100% agree. My remark was meant as a note to self to do this. It's just that you guys are so much faster than me. But tomorrow, I will be back in the office and that might give me more opportunities to stare into the computer for an extended period of time ;-)

Having your code in place will incredibly helpful since with this I don't have to think about how to integrate this with the rest of the program. If you have some patience with me for a few days, I will try to come up with my version of tissue_loadings_to_ceiling.

Best
Robert

                      Scientific Coordinator
print "Just another   Phone: +49 89 2180-4523  Theresienstr. 39, rm. B339
    stupid .sig\n";   http://www.atdotde.de