source code may be getting a bit intimidating

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sun Jan 6 23:22:56 PST 2013

On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 10:28 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> No, it's not nonsense. I just pushed another largish commit for the dive
> planning stuff and gtk-gui.c is now approaching 3kloc.

Yeah. But I like the new interactive dive planning a lot more.

However, it looks like it doesn't generate gas-change events? Also, I
seem to not be able to go shallower. I tried to enter

  150 +5 20/30
  150 +5 20/30
  100 +5 20/30
  100 +1 40

and it works as a profile, but the gas seems to be very confused.

Also, it turns out that the "+5" syntax doesn't work any more, and I
had to change it to be absolute time (so 5, 10, 15, 16 instead of the
+5's/+1). But the nice thing about it was that the profile BUI now
*showed* me what the problem was.

But then, when I press "OK", it seems to have gotten the gases under
control, and the final plan seems to use the right gases, even if it
doesn't *show* the gas changes.

Anyway, I don't think it's really wonderful in any "absolute" sense,
but it's lightyears better than it used to be. Almost usable.

                    Linus