dive planner fixes [was: Re: source code may be getting a bit intimidating]

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Jan 7 12:57:44 PST 2013

Linus Torvalds <torvalds at linux-foundation.org> writes:

> On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 8:46 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>> Linus Torvalds <torvalds at linux-foundation.org> writes:
>>
>>> However, it looks like it doesn't generate gas-change events?
>>
>> Just pushed a fix for that.
>
> It seems to still be buggy.
>
> Try this plan:
>
>  150 +10 20/30
>  150 +5 20/30
>  100 +5 20/30
>  100 +1 40
>
> and the gas change does happen, but it happens at the 15-minute mark
> at 150ft. And it seems to switch to *air*, not to 40% oxygen.
>
> That's all with the "planning window" still open. When I press "Ok",
> it fixes itself.

Ok, I found two bugs in the dynamic update code related to gas
changes. Please try again, this should work now (mind you, it doesn't
have the "keep the last gas" logic, yet, so once you enter depth and
time you get a pointless gaschange shown, once you add the gas it goes
away again (assuming you entered the same gas) or becomes valid (if you
actually changed gas)).

Please try again. I can successfully create the plan you mentioned
above.

With this I actually think I can throw away the second pass over the
diveplan that creates the 'final' dive... I think the dynamic code
creates the exact same dive on the fly at this point (which of course is
how it should be). So why do it again after the user clicks ok?

On the flip side I just notice that Cancel still keeps the dynamically
created dive around. More work to do.