crash with master when plotting the profile

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Mon Jan 7 14:54:31 PST 2013

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 2:44 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> Here's the sequence:
>
> No dives loaded (Ctrl-W). Start planner.
>
> 50m   5  20/30
> 50m  10  20/30
> 20m   3  TAB-> CRASH

Ok, I can re-create, am looking at it.

But I don't actually get the crash in the same location, I get it at
free() time, when glibc complains about freeing a free'd memory data
structure. It happens on the

    free((void *)last_pi_entry);

for me (profile.c:1901), long before it even gets to the point you see.

And I suspect your crash is really the same, it's just that the heap
is corrupted and you get it at a different place when you use a
dynamic allocation.

> (gdb) p cylinderindex
> $82 = 20910
>
> (wow... that's a LOT of cylinders you are carrying...)

I think it's just memory corruption, nothing quite as interesting at that.

Will look at it.

             Linus