Meaning of GF settings

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Tue Jan 8 10:09:46 PST 2013

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 9:45 AM, Jan Schubert <Jan.Schubert at gmx.li> wrote:

> Attached find a screenshot, GF is set to 30/95 in subsurface and the
> dive computer as well.

Well, it does seem to match up quite well, so the basics look
believeable. And your theory about different interpolations between
GFlow/high might well be the main difference.

It also makes it clear that the combination of "dc ceiling in read"
and "calculated ceiling in green" is not resulting in the prettiest
possible color combinations. I think the resulting color can be best
described as "baby poop color".

Of course, I personally think the "dc ceiling in red" is ugly even on
its own (and don't have it checked), and you clearly disagree, so
maybe you like that combination color too ;)

                 Linus