Graph documentation [was: Re: Meaning of GF settings]

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Jan 8 11:48:41 PST 2013

Linus Torvalds <torvalds at linux-foundation.org> writes:

> On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 11:25 AM, Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou at pingoured.fr> wrote:
>>
>> At least for beginners divers such as myself, it would be usefull as, for
>> example, all my dives cross the ceiling at the end (which appears to be normal,
>> but up to which point?)
>
> Seriously? That's definitely not normal. For a beginning diver, you
> should seldom really see a deco ceiling at all, much less one where
> your dive cross into it, unless you set some very conservative deco
> settings.

That's the challenge with documenting this, btw... with something like
GFlow 5 GFhigh 10 most every dive is a deco dive and in 95% of my dives
I surfae before the deco time is over...

But with more realistic 30/75 or 35/80 settings... if you constantly
violate the ceiling, you may be doing something wrong :-/

> Willing to post your divelog? A single dive might do it, but because
> the deco is calculated over the history of the last few days, it
> should probably be at least one divetrip (up until the dive that shows
> the behavior).
>
> Of course it may be that you just have a very permissive dive computer
> and just ascend very early.

Yes, I would love to see those dives, too.