Meaning of GF settings

Jan Schubert Jan.Schubert at GMX.li
Tue Jan 8 11:59:26 PST 2013

On 01/08/13 19:09, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> Of course, I personally think the "dc ceiling in red" is ugly even on
> its own (and don't have it checked), and you clearly disagree, so
> maybe you like that combination color too ;)

The reason I use the red color is that every other dive log software I
know uses red ceilings as well. As I did not like the "noncolor" we had
before Dirk has been that nice to adjust it to red for me. And beside
the common use I find it much more "readable" than the color mixes and
combinations I get otherwise. But in fact, I do not rely on the red
color as is, but just do not like the current alternative in subsurface.

Jan