Graph documentation [was: Re: Meaning of GF settings]

Pierre-Yves Chibon pingou at pingoured.fr
Tue Jan 8 11:57:02 PST 2013

On Tue, 2013-01-08 at 20:49 +0100, Jan Schubert wrote:
> On 01/08/13 20:25, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 08, 2013 at 06:45:09PM +0100, Jan Schubert wrote:
> >> Attached find a screenshot, GF is set to 30/95 in subsurface and
> the
> >> dive computer as well.
> > Looking at this screenshot and at my down dives I have the feeling
> that the plot
> > is going to need some documentation on the website.
> > What are each colors?
> > What do they represent?
> > What does it means if I cross the green one, the red one? When is it
> too late to
> > worry and I should just enjoy the few remaining hours?
>
> I doubt you will have hours left (at least if I look at Dirk and Linus
> using their OC stuff) but I like the way you think :-).

For some reason diving sometime makes me kinda hypochondriac :-)

> Back to the documentation thing: If this is something others see also
> a need and usage for, I might (!) think to create some documentation.
> I hesitate as this might turn out to become a bigger thing at the end
> of the day. Once started there is the "risk" to face sooo much topics
> that we might end up with something worth a book or so.
>
> What would be a good way to start such a documentation!? A Wiki?
> Included in subsurface? Context sensitive or just chapter by chapter?
> A animated character like "Clippy"?

I'm all for Clippy, but otherwise, I was more thinking along the line of
"simple" explanation and some screenshots of profiles where things are
good or wrong. Something that helps someone to check if his profiles are
sensible, worrying, lethal, worth sharing :)
But again, as beginner I probably underestimate the complexity of the
question / of what I am asking.

Pierre