Graph documentation [was: Re: Meaning of GF settings]

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Tue Jan 8 12:01:49 PST 2013

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 11:49 AM, Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou at pingoured.fr> wrote:

> Attached are the two first dives I did with my computer, the first dives
> of the trip as well.
> We did have a deco stop during the second dive (#9) but we 'only' did
> the safety stop 3min/3m during the first dive (#8)

Ok, that doesn't look horrible, and I think it's just a result of the
default parameters set to "somewhat conservative"

That said, I'm a bit surprised your Suunto isn't even *more*
conservative than that, though. Do you perhaps set your Vyper to the
50% RGBM model setting? (I don't even know if it has that setting - my
Vyper Air does).

> I used the default parameters btw (GFlow 30 and GFhigh 75).

If those are more conservative than even a suunto, I suspect we should
make them less so for the default "show" to not make people worry.

Then, for dive *planning* we should probably default to something very
conservative indeed. I dunno.

                      Linus