Graph documentation [was: Re: Meaning of GF settings]

Jan Schubert Jan.Schubert at GMX.li
Tue Jan 8 13:11:22 PST 2013

On 01/08/13 21:50, Jan Schubert wrote:
> On 01/08/13 21:28, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>> One thing to do is to look at the dives with GFlow/high 100/100. If you
>> still violate the ceiling, I'd start worrying :-/
> Thats really a good point Dirk as I just found some anormalities I could
> not understand right now: GFlow _should_ not have any impact to existing
> profiles as the "deep" part of the dive will not change anyway. But
> playing around with GFlow, it clearly has mentionable impact at my
> profiles - as of now I would consider to have a look to this.
> Unfortunately I'll not be able to check this the next 72hrs as I have to
> leave now, Sorry. But maybe this could be a trigger to someone else to
> check...

I would suggest to document the source code of deco.c a little bit more
and might do this next weak end, but as of now I would really like to
understand this calculation in tissue_tolerance_calc():

                tissue_tolerated_ambient_pressure[ci] =
(-buehlmann_inertgas_a * buehlmann_inertgas_b * (gf_high *
gf_low_pressure_this_dive - gf_low * surface) -
                                                                (1.0 -
buehlmann_inertgas_b) * (gf_high - gf_low) * gf_low_pressure_this_dive *
surface +

buehlmann_inertgas_b * (gf_low_pressure_this_dive - surface) *
tissue_inertgas_saturation) /

(-buehlmann_inertgas_a * buehlmann_inertgas_b * (gf_high - gf_low) +
                                                                (1.0 -
buehlmann_inertgas_b)*(gf_low * gf_low_pressure_this_dive - gf_high *
surface) +

buehlmann_inertgas_b * (gf_low_pressure_this_dive - surface));

Maybe (!) this could be helpful in tracking down the differences we see
in calculation between subsurface and dive computers...

Thx,
Jan