Graph documentation [was: Re: Meaning of GF settings]

Jan Schubert Jan.Schubert at GMX.li
Sun Jan 13 06:07:23 PST 2013

On 01/11/13 15:25, Dirk Hohndel wrote:

> Here is an interesting piece of code from the dive computer
> implementation of Buehlmann's algorithm:
>
> #define  DIST_FROM_3_MTR         0.28
>
> if (mydata.pressure > mydata.surface)
> {
>        pressure = 3 * (unsigned int)((mydata.pressure - mydata.surface + DIST_FROM_3_MTR) / 0.3);
>        mydata.pressure = ((float)pressure)/10 + mydata.surface;
> }
>
> This clearly chops off the last bit of 'tail' in the shallow part. It's
> not a lot (0.02 bar - about 20cm), but my guess is this helps to shorten
> especially the last stop.

Dirk, this is code from the DR5!? I can not find anything similar in the
OSTC code so far. Personally I'm not a big friend of mixing different
approaches as this might be specific to the calculation from the DR5
(I've no idea what they do in other parts of the code to justfy such
things).

But, as we plan to add other deco calculations as well, why not have the
abibility to also switch between different implementions for Bühlmann!?
We have now the version done by Robert, why not have an additional
version similar to the one from the DR5 and even more ones based on
other implementations like the OSTC!?

That said, playing around with this I'm not able to get much closer to
the results calculated by the Predator. Robert, this statement also
refers to your proposed patch  (which has not made ot to git yet!?).

Thx,
Jan