Odd calculated deco "ripples" (was Re: RFC: color change for calculated deco)

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Mon Jan 14 08:26:40 PST 2013

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 8:13 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> I haven't looked at the patch (on my phone) but that seems like the wrong
> fix. Add-segment assumes constant depth. So now you do an unnecessary
> staircase approximation, right?

Yes. However, for the *profile* that's fine, since we know the profile
samples are at most ten seconds apart.

For the planning, probably not so much. Which is why I put quotes
around "fixes".

The other alternative is to keep the depth interpolation, but get rid
of the min_pressure thing, and just use the tissue pressure for the
sample.

Like this patch.

                      Linus