adding dive computers to existing (v2.1) XML files

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Wed Jan 16 09:02:23 PST 2013

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 7:34 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> I haven't spent enough time playing with different combinations of files, but what Dennis says at the very end seems to make sense to me. Can we add a way to detect "this is not the same divecomputer" (different sample rate for example) and instead of overwriting the existing divecomputer data add a new one?

Well, it's the GUI part that is painful.

Once we have the "edit dive computer nickname" GUI, I guess we could
just add a check-box to allow editing the entry that has no model
information, and then we'd use the nickname for the model entry. But
otherwise we'd have to create a whole new made-up GUI for this. And I
sooo looove doing one-off gtk things..

            Linus