Extracting information from a webservice

Pierre-Yves pingou at pingoured.fr
Thu Jan 17 08:22:49 PST 2013

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 04:24:00PM +0200, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
> On 17 January 2013 16:20, Pierre-Yves <pingou at pingoured.fr> wrote:
> >>
> >> libsoup can be used, which is pretty straight forward...
> >> http://csoap.sourceforge.net/
> >
> > I think this would be a bit overkill (having a doap webservice), the website
> > store all the information, expose it via it's API, what we need in the client is
> > simply logic to call a url, load the output and deal with it.

> libcurl + libxml2 then?
> http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/simple.html

Sounds more like what I have in mind.

I just pushed a change allowing to retrieve someone's dive in xml (documented in
the /api/).

My idea would be:
1) text field in the preferences to set your user id
2) button "Sync GPS coordinate from subsurface-webservice"
  2.1) call the /api/mydives/<user id>/xml/
  2.2) load the xml returned
  2.3) for each dive information returned, do some smart date matching to
  associate the GPS coordinates with the dives already in subsurface.

Pierre