Extracting information from a webservice

Robert C. Helling helling at atdotde.de
Thu Jan 17 14:35:06 PST 2013

On Jan 17, 2013, at 11:20 PM, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> For that kind of model, I think the best interface would be to just
> log the GPS location by date every fifteen minutes. Nothing else. No
> name, no nothing. Just GPS location and local time/date.

So the thing is just a GPS tracker? In that case, we don't need a new program, there should be a lot already. And you don't need a phone, any cheap GPS tracker will do. Once you get home just use gpsbabel http://www.gpsbabel.org/ to convert to a convenient format and extract the fixing for the time of the dive.

Robert

                      Scientific Coordinator
print "Just another   Phone: +49 89 2180-4523  Theresienstr. 39, rm. B339
    stupid .sig\n";   http://www.atdotde.de