[Patch] Add facility to edit nicknames / remove nickname entry from list

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 17:31:46 PST 2013

On 18 January 2013 17:36, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> Hi Amit,
>
> I just pushed this patch. Well, not THIS patch... this email was somehow
> damaged and the patch didn't apply, but a visual comparison showed that
> it was the same as what you had sent me earlier.
>
> As I had mentioned I did a few changes to whitespace and coding style to
> make this more look like Subsurface code. Please take a look at what I
> just pushed out to see what I mean.
>
> One thing I didn't notice when I checked the code yesterday:
>
> 'delete' closes the dialog. why? Shouldn't it just redraw without the
> deleted entry and continue? Also, "Apply" would more consistently be
> named "OK".
>
> Thanks for all the work on this!
>
> And welcome to the list of Subsurface contributors.
>
> What's the next thing you'll be working on? :-)

amit,
you've done a nice amount of work - congratulations!
there is still a decent amount of contribution for people of your
knowledge to consider...so please keep that in mind and help us where
you can!

but...i would still move the recent additions in to a new file ==>
nickname[c|h].
i think that gtk-gui.c is pretty much "off-shore" at this point, so
perhaps we have to move the additions into a new file.
think of me as the "structure reminder police".

Amit, Linus, Dirk what do you think?
gtk-gui.c is the base; all other UI dialogs and implementations, major
or not should go into separate files for consistency?

cheers
lubomir