Gconf or GSettings? - leading to a wider question

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sun Jan 20 11:57:55 PST 2013

On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 10:38 AM, Amit Chaudhuri
<amit.k.chaudhuri at gmail.com> wrote:

> From my own point of view, the widget which looks hardest to code in Qt is
> the plot of the dive.  The rest is pretty routine.

The plot of the dive is the part I feel most confident about redoing -
so if you get even just a minimal plot going, I think I can flesh that
part out. So you could ignore all the zooming etc crud.

HOWEVER. One of the nice parts about cairo is how we got the printing
going almost for free. Yeah, the whole pango font handling thing is a
major pain, but afaik, a "QPainter" thing should work largely the same
way as the Cairo thing did wrt printing.

            Linus