Cannot build anymore on Mac OSX

Robert C. Helling helling at atdotde.de
Sun Jan 20 13:20:37 PST 2013

On Jan 19, 2013, at 6:24 PM, Henrik Brautaset Aronsen wrote:

> Henrik Brautaset Aronsen wrote:
>> Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>>> So Henrik - can you find out if there is an easy way to get gtk-mac-integration 2.0 or 2.0.1 in MacPorts? If not, I'll revert the commit and will figure out a way to do this that supports both flavors.
>>
>> Sure, I'll give it a try.
>
> I have included a patch that will update gtk-osx-application in MacPorts to 2.0.1:
>
> $ cd /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/ports/devel
> $ sudo patch -p0 < gtk-osx-application-2.0.1.patch
> $ sudo port install gtk-osx-application

Thanks, for your help. But I am still stuck:

I spent several hours trying to recover from the damage I had done to my macports by trying out various combinations of options and thereby completely screwing it up. In the end, I did

sudo rm -rf /opt/local

and did a clean install which at least brought me to the state where I was when all this started. Then I applied your patch (the second one) but still it gives me

sudo port install gtk-osx-application
--->  Computing dependencies for gtk-osx-application
--->  Dependencies to be installed: py27-pygtk
--->  Configuring py27-pygtk
Error: org.macports.configure for port py27-pygtk returned: gtk2 must be installed with +x11.
Error: Failed to install py27-pygtk
Please see the log file for port py27-pygtk for details:
    /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_python_py-pygtk/py27-pygtk/main.log
Error: The following dependencies were not installed: py27-pygtk
To report a bug, follow the instructions in the guide:
    http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets
Error: Processing of port gtk-osx-application failed

And now I remember, I was there before: I tried to reinstall gtk2 with +x11 and that failed miserably. Do you have any other advice? I am not very familiar with git, is there a way to skip Dirk's commit that changed macos.c (and everything later that depends on it) or do I just have to go back in time before that?

Sorry for being such a noob
Robert

                      Scientific Coordinator
print "Just another   Phone: +49 89 2180-4523  Theresienstr. 39, rm. B339
    stupid .sig\n";   http://www.atdotde.de