Plans [was: Re: Gconf or GSettings? - leading to a wider question]

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sun Jan 20 22:17:29 PST 2013

On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 9:15 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> You could have just read the source in the commit I linked to. That is
> exactly what they are doing

I see that you tried to fix it.

Your fix isn't right either, although it's certainly a lot better than
the default OSM behavior, but it zooms purely around the center, not
around the mouse.

But I don't see how to set a particular x/y coordinate to have a
particular lat/long value. I can see how to *read* the lat-long value
of an x/y coordinate:

   osm_gps_map_convert_screen_to_geographic(map, event->x, event->y, pt);

but there's no way I can see to center a lat/long value at a
particular x/y value (you can only center at the center).

I'm sure you could do it with some kind of "see how far off you are
and try to correct" loop that constantly recenters and reads the
lat-long value, but I have no idea how to write that.

                Linus