Plans [was: Re: Gconf or GSettings? - leading to a wider question]

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Tue Jan 22 18:03:59 PST 2013

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 5:35 PM, Robert C. Helling <helling at atdotde.de> wrote:

> As this transformation for the latitude is non-linear, it is essential to do the computation in pixel coordinates rather than degrees (I had that wrong before). The projection then enters via osm_gps_map_convert_geographic_to_screen and its inverse. The upshot is, as long as you do it with pixels the computation is agnostic of the projection.

Ahh. Ok, I see what you're doing. You're basically setting the center
based on the pixel coordinates, not the latitude/longitude. And then
you just know that zooming always happens by a constant factor. Which
just happens to be wrong at the max/min zoom, but that's probably
fixable.

Fair enough, sounds reasonable.

                 Linus