Subject: Re: Gconf or GSettings? - leading to a wider question

Amit Chaudhuri amit.k.chaudhuri at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 23:37:18 PST 2013

Linus wrote this somewhen:

The plot of the dive is the part I feel most confident about redoing -
so if you get even just a minimal plot going, I think I can flesh that
part out. So you could ignore all the zooming etc crud.

HOWEVER. One of the nice parts about cairo is how we got the printing
going almost for free. Yeah, the whole pango font handling thing is a
major pain, but afaik, a "QPainter" thing should work largely the same
way as the Cairo thing did wrt printing.

Slow reply.....I'll take a look at that in Qt.  Maybe also some of the
other structures, such as main window.