Extracting information from a webservice

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Jan 23 04:43:29 PST 2013

Finally returning to this part of the puzzle - it's something we either
need to disable prior to the 3.0 release, or make marginally more useful
:-)

One thing that I noticed, Pierre & Aurélien, is this:

    <dive>
      <name>shark+pit</name>
      <latitude>20.8621345041</latitude>
      <longitude>-156.67578307</longitude>
      <date>2012-12-14</date>
      <time>01:23:00</time>
    </dive>

While I do like my night dives as much as anyone else... this dive was
actually at 13:34. And a quick check seems to indicate that all dives
are mapped into the first 12h of the day - is that a bug in the Android
companion app or in the webservice?

Once that is figured out I think it wouldn't be too hard to show the
closest dive to the time returned (or the closest two dives if this is
roughly in the middle between "end of dive one" and "beginning of dive
two") and ask if the GPS location should be applied to that dive.

For extra credits one could of course also open a quick map window with
those coordinates...