Subsurface in OSTC3 promo material

Jan Schubert Jan.Schubert at GMX.li
Wed Jan 23 11:01:46 PST 2013

On 01/23/13 19:06, Henrik Brautaset Aronsen wrote:
> The OSTC3 promo material lists Subsurface as one of the compatible
> software packages, with URL and all.

I had some of them in my hands yesterday and played with them a little
bit. It's really a very nice looking small piece of hardware including
external glas fibre connection for sensor readings (and more?). It does
not have a OLED display anymore like the MK2N units but LCD which looks
OK in my opinion. Most important for me, it seems to be limited to 120m
which is for nowadays use with CCR a limit which is not acceptable in my
humble opinion.

I guess the software compatibility should not be that big issue and
might already be compatible with OSTC2.

They also showed the DRX as the successor for the DR5, which look way
smarter than the DR5 any might be an alternative for serious dives. I
guess there is a similar (non) issue with software compatibility...

Thx,
Jan