Re: Subsurface ignores a temp of 0˚C

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Wed Jan 23 11:17:10 PST 2013

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 10:50 AM, Henrik Brautaset Aronsen
<subsurface at henrik.synth.no> wrote:

> And a subsequent dive starts at -1˚C, goes up to 0˚C, and then 2˚C, ...
> Subsurface starts showing temperatures from 2˚C.  This needs fixing.
>
> But my units aren't in Fahrenheit, and I'm not importing from Diving Log.
> Would this code still be triggered?

That particular code shouldn't be triggered, and subsurface *should*
be happy to show a temperature of 0˚C.

Subsurface *does* think that a "zero temperature" means "missing
temperature", but considering that subsurface internally keeps
temperatures in milli-Kelvin, I think we're all ok with that. If you
go diving at a temperature of 0˚K, you need to use some other diving
log software than subsurface.

Where *did* you import the dive from? I bet we have similar issues
with other importers (which very much possibly includes
libdivecomputer itself, so that a direct dive computer download might
also have this problem).

              Linus