Re: Subsurface ignores a temp of 0˚C

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Wed Jan 23 11:38:46 PST 2013

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 11:22 AM, Henrik Brautaset Aronsen
<subsurface at henrik.synth.no> wrote:

> This was imported from a Suunto HelO2.  MacDive (which also use
> libdivecomputer, allthough possibly an older version) does this correctly.

Ok. Sounds like it's an issue somewhere inside libdivecomputer then,
because we just do

        case DC_SAMPLE_TEMPERATURE:
                sample->temperature.mkelvin = (value.temperature +
273.15) * 1000 + 0.5;
                break;

for the libdivecomputer import.

Of course,  maybe we screw up the temperature conversion somewhere. We
obviously haven't tested negative celsius conversions all that
extensively...

               Linus