New webservice API

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Jan 27 09:14:24 PST 2013

On Jan 27, 2013, at 1:58 AM, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:

>> - change in the request mode to use
>>  - POST is used to upload new dives
>>  - GET is used to retrieve someone's dives
>>  - the header 'Content-Type: text/xml' has to be used to retrieve the dives in
>> 	xml format instead of the default json.
>
> From a discussion with Aurélien, this has just been changed to the 'Accept'
> header. 'Content-Type' is meant to describe the format of the data that the
> client sends to the server, while 'Accept' is meant to ask the server to return
> the data in a specific format.

This all looks very good! I look forward to seeing Aurélien's new app as well.

Lubomir, will you have a chance to update the desktop app side of this?

Aurélien, should I look into creating a "Subsurface" branded Google Apps account so we can try and get this into the Play Store?

I there anyone here who writes iPhone apps who could contribute a similar app for iPhone users?