New webservice API

Robert C. Helling helling at atdotde.de
Sun Jan 27 12:20:31 PST 2013

On Jan 27, 2013, at 6:14 PM, Dirk Hohndel wrote:

Hi,

> I there anyone here who writes iPhone apps who could contribute a similar app for iPhone users?

I have no experience with this whatsoever (except having the O'Reilly IOs-Programming book for several weeks on my bedside table without reading it). But I would still consider the camera app  sufficient: With pictures it takes it takes a time stamp (obviously) but also records gps coordinates.

I have a script (not yet in a state to be shown around) that reads this information from image files and adds the coordinates to dives in the xml with a timestamp not too far away. Equally, a script could upload this information to the web service (although that sounds very roundabout). Or the websevice could accept images send by email with, say the user code in the subject, and use that data as if it were supplied via the api.

BTW it will also (for pictures taken between start and end of dive) create "image" events in the xml that could show thumbnails in the pop-up.

What do you think?

Best
Robert

                      Scientific Coordinator
print "Just another   Phone: +49 89 2180-4523  Theresienstr. 39, rm. B339
    stupid .sig\n";   http://www.atdotde.de