New webservice API

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Jan 27 13:26:14 PST 2013

On Jan 27, 2013, at 1:07 PM, Aurélien PRALONG wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm back to civilisation. Still, I probably won't be able to update the companion with the web-service tonight, only tomorrow. But yes, it is a good idea to have an intermediate version which supports the new web-service.

Certainly no requirement to do this tonight or tomorrow. Within the next few days would be very helpful.
Once we have your updated app I'll update the server and apply Lubomir's patch...

> Concerning images, I don't know Apple APIs, but on Android, I suppose I could add a provider on images, so that when clicking on share (image menu), you can open the companion App, input a name on the photo, extract GPS position or get new positions and send the whole thing to the web-service. Image uploading would surely be an interesting feature.

Neat. I'd like that in the future version of the app :-)

> Concerning the play store, it would probably be better to create a subsurface brand. Anyway, we have time to think about this, the application is too simple to have it place on the store : we should wait for a new version.

I was thinking to have it in the store when we release Subsurface 3.0 - still aiming at mid February for that.