Crash when deleting dives

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Mon Jan 28 11:58:04 PST 2013

On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 11:00 PM, Henrik Brautaset Aronsen
<subsurface at henrik.synth.no> wrote:
> I tried deleting the 4 topmost dives, and Subsurface crashed:

Ugh. This seems to be gtk being unhappy about itself walking the gtk
data structures.

The problem seems to be some nasty interaction with walking the gtk
tree structure in the callbacks we get for the selection change (and
the selection change happens for a gtk tree structure entry that is
getting deleted).

Very annoying. I was hoping it would be some stupid problem with a
trivial fix, but it's a more fundamental problem with what we do at
all. We probably need to get rid of that "query whether it was
selected" part completely, and just trust our own notion of whether it
was selected or not. But the reason we get that callback is in order
to update our own data structures in the first place.

Gah. I may look at this on the plane, no patch forthcoming from me
right now. Sorry,

            Linus