Missing events?

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Mon Jan 28 15:13:30 PST 2013

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 2:55 PM, Linus Torvalds

> It should be trivial, but trying it out MacDive actually does some
> *really* odd XML. The notes contain xml a CDATA field, which I've
> never seen before, but is an interesting way to avoid ugly quoting.

Ok, here's a *very* rough patch to handle the nameless CDATA fields.

And in fact, with this, our XML parser already basically parses the
MacDive xml file. There's lots of information that we don't parse
(because it uses xml tags that are different from everybody else, like
the gps coordinates), but those are "mere details". We actually pick
up enough to give a profile and beginning/ending pressures etc.

It should be trivial to expand this to do more of the XML parsing, but
the correct way to do things would be to use the xslt transforms. But
I can't do xslt..

             Linus