Subsurface meetup [was Re: GPS location map input]

Robert C. Helling helling at lmu.de
Wed Jan 30 00:17:07 PST 2013

On Wed, 30 Jan 2013, Henrik Brautaset Aronsen wrote:

> Den 30. jan. 2013 01:56 skrev "Dirk Hohndel" <dirk at hohndel.org> følgende:
> > We do need to figure out a way to get the main Subsurface developers
> > together - which most likely will have to be in Europe since that's
> > where everyone but Linus and me seems to be.
> >
> > We'll be in Edinburgh in late October... maybe we can do a quick dive
> > trip as part of that and all get together? Does that sound interesting
> > to people?
>
> I'm in!

Sounds at least very tempting. Although at this point I cannot commit
myself on travelling in October, I would love to come back to diving in
Scotland. In the area around Edinburgh, there are a number of decent shore
dives (including Farne Islands where you are almost guaranteed to dive
with seals). Note however, that late October has good chances of heavy
winds that prevent you from diving on the east coast of Scotland. I
remember spending a long weekend in St. Abbs even in July waiting for the
winds to calm down so we could get in the water without being smashed on
the rocks but that did not happen.

Best
Robert

                       Scientific Coordinator
print "Just another   Phone: +49 89 2180-4523  Theresienstr. 39, rm. B339
     stupid .sig\n";   http://www.atdotde.de