Subsurface meetup [was Re: GPS location map input]

Jan Schubert Jan.Schubert at GMX.li
Wed Jan 30 03:51:53 PST 2013

On 01/30/13 08:17, Henrik Brautaset Aronsen wrote:

> Den 30. jan. 2013 01:56 skrev "Dirk Hohndel" <dirk at hohndel.org
> <mailto:dirk at hohndel.org>> følgende:
> > We do need to figure out a way to get the main Subsurface developers
> > together - which most likely will have to be in Europe since that's
> > where everyone but Linus and me seems to be.
> >
> > We'll be in Edinburgh in late October... maybe we can do a quick dive
> > trip as part of that and all get together? Does that sound interesting
> > to people?
>
> I'm in!

Given the fact the Empire plans to leave the European Union and it's a
little bit at the edge of the continent, we could try to find a more
central European spot :-)
Would it be a good idea to mark everyones location (in a subsurface XML
f.i.) and then weight in good diving locations!? Weighting in Dirk and
Linus as well we will most likely end up in a place outside Europe but
at least with lots of water around it....

Anyway, we should find a place where someone of us is familiar with and
might be able to organize support, tanks, gases.

What about a fair!?
- Boot, Düsseldorf, January (just happened for this year), one of worlds
largest diving related fair, maybe we could also get a small booth for
free presenting subsurfae (and LDC and more diving related OSS)
- CeBit, Hannover, March - worlds largest computer fair (?), there are
for sure free booths available for OSS projects, might be to late for
this year

Should be possible to find some more. I'd offer to serve at such a booth
for some days...

Just some thoughts, would also like to see some of you guys personally.

Scotland should be OK for me, would be nice to be ale to have some dives
there and having someone showing us the best spots.

Dirk, what is the reason for you to be in Edinburgh? Would this be
something interessting for others also where we could also attend?

Thx,
Jan