Planner TZ offset bug (and possible memory leak)

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 10:57:17 PST 2013

On 31 January 2013 15:16, Sergey Starosek <sergey.starosek at gmail.com> wrote:
> Given that currently I'm in EET (UTC+2), I started planning at 15:10
> and 60min start offset.
> That results in start dive time at 16:25 instead of 17:10.

hello,
did you mean there, that if you have started at 15:10 (and with a
+60:00 start offset),
then the new dive should be at 16:10?

say my current time is 19:00 and i offset the start at +00:10, i would
expect a dive which starts in 19:10 local time?
i may be lacking a good understanding of the desired result...

you can try the attached patch and see if this is what you expected.

some notes:
- g_time_zone_find_interval + g_time_zone_new_local do not work on
windows very well.
returned interval is always zero and of course windows does not know
of the TZ env. variable (ubuntu 12.04 doesn't either).
perhaps alternatives for these methods have to be used.

lubomir