discrepancies on dive time

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 06:13:36 PDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 3:31 PM, Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou at pingoured.fr>wrote:

> On , Pedro Neves wrote:
>
>> HI:
>>

> Hi Pedro,
>
> You only replied to me, watch out to keep the list on cc/to as well ;)
>
>  This was imported from my old logs (Uwatec Aladin format) into Divelog
>> 5.0 > and then exported to Subsurface. I was checking my logs with Divelog
>> 5.0
>> and the error also occurs there.
>> I was wondering if there's any way to correct it (even manually...).
>>

> An option is always to edit the XML file manually.
> Maybe someone on the list has a better idea.

My guess is that the "error" originates from the dive computer. DCs tend to
record total duration of the dive and dive profile independently. This
might even mean that the first sample is recorded 20 or 40 seconds after
the dive actually started (at least my computers go to dive mode when I am
a meter or two down). I have even noticed that my DC shows different
duration when I surface and when later on I look into the log on the dive
computer.

miika