#160: Printing

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 04:49:40 PDT 2013

On 9 July 2013 14:30, Tomaz Canabrava <tcanabrava at kde.org> wrote:
> I never played with the qt printing system, but for the record, what I'm
> doing in almost all Cpp classes is to create a new class in the qt-ui
> folder, and use as much as possible the c related ones inside.
>
> Since the c related ones for printing relies much on cairo / gtk, I don't
> know if this will be an easy doing, but the qt graphical stack supports
> "saving" it to a pixmap, that can be exported as png/jpg (or raw pixmap)
> that can be send to print.

yeah, i guess we need to rewrite it almost entirely and only use
print.c and the GTK build for reference..
i've been reading this today:
http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/docs/library/html/qt4/printing.html

seems that once we have a QPrinter it can be associated with a
QPainter and the QGraphicsView for the profile can be render()-ed to
it.
but not much on the best approaches for text and table layouts and the
QPrintDialog, yet.

lubomir