#160: Printing

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Tue Jul 9 08:43:56 PDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 12:26 PM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 9 July 2013 18:19, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2013-07-09 at 12:02 -0300, Tomaz Canabrava wrote:
> >

> >>         ok, i will keep you folks up to date on with the printing
> >>         progress.
> >>         as a side note (and AFAIK) it seems that Qt does not allow a
> >>         custom
> >>         tab in the print dialog. so what i'm doing right now is create
> >>         custom print QDialog with all options that calls another
> >>         dialog
> >>         (QPrintDialog) with the hardware settings. found the
> >>         suggestion at
> >>         stackoverflow.com..
> >>
> >> Well, this is not "Qt" fault per se, it happens because of this:
> >> "On Windows and Mac OS X, the native print dialog is used, which means
> >> that some QWidget and QDialog properties set on the dialog won't be
> >> respected. The native print dialog on Mac OS X does not support
> >> setting printer options, i.e. setOptions() and setOption() have no
> >> effect."
> >
> > Hmm - that sucks. So maybe we need a dialog BEFORE the print dialog is
> > called?
> > How are other Qt programs deal with this?

I'm a bit lost here because I never printed anything till today - but let's
discuss this a bit:
why a separate print dialog is needed before the OS one is called? is that
because we need
to do a 'page setup' before?
if so, there's a QPageSetupDialog for that.
http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/qpagesetupdialog.html

Tomaz