#160: Printing

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Tue Jul 9 09:24:52 PDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 1:20 PM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 9 July 2013 19:02, Tomaz Canabrava <tcanabrava at kde.org> wrote:
> >

> > On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 12:53 PM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> neolit123 at gmail.com>

> allow a

> be

> >> we pretty much had this in GTK (see attachment).
> >> so i drew the conclusion that a separate dialog is needed for the
> >> application specific settings.
> >>
> >> QPageSetupDialog seems to be the standard (native) page setup that most
> OS
> >> have?
> >

> > Yes, that.
> >
> > We can also disable the QPrintDialog and do our own dialog that setups
> the
> > printer,
> > I think this is what most ( not just Qt apps ) apps do on windows ( adobe
> > apps are
> > way different than corel, that are way different than firefox, etc.
> > everything is a bit different
> > and nobody uses the default printer anyhow. )
> >
> > A Easy way is to 'hijack' the QPrinterDialog for unix, fork it, and made
> it
> > default for every other system.
> >

> i have no idea how to do that unfortunately, therefore i cannot help.
> are you suggesting a custom QPrinterDialog with a second tab with the
> Subsurface specific settings, similar to the one in GTK?
> if so can you provide some (preferably detailed) guidelines how to achieve
> it...
> also by forking wouldn't that cause any troubles...?

No troubles, we are already doing this for a KDE class that I infiltred
into subsurface sources ( with dirk knowledge ), what I can do is to
'extract' the QPrinterDialog for unix code and create a new class that will
show only this one, instead of the mac one on OSX and the microsoft one, on
windows.

You can continue doing what you are doing now and I can integrate it later,
in a separate tab. :)

Tomaz