Patches ( 4 )

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Tue Jul 16 19:05:03 PDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 6:26 PM, Tomaz Canabrava <tcanabrava at kde.org> wrote:
> I'm a bit lazy today. So, this fixes a couple of things I found out in the
> printing code and also tries to amenize the pain that it so use the Qt
> version of subsurface right now. The best thing on this patch is the fix
> the ComboBoxes in the inline edit stuff - but it will also bug if you want
> to cancel edition - no can do that for now, I'll update this with the
> 'cancel' action tomorrow.
>
> branch is 'quirks', in tcanabrava/subsurface

Ok, quick comments from very quick testing:

 - *Much* better. This pretty much works now.

But since I'm never happy, here's the list of issues that remain (they are
not new to your code):

 - Can we make the "This dive is being edited. Select Save or Undo when
ready." be part of _every_ notebook tab? Or above/around them all?

   Right now, if you start editing the equipment stuff, you don't actually
get that thing at all. It's there, but it's there only in the "Dive notes"
tab. You can switch to the dive notes to see it, but it's really not very
obvious at all.

 - I can edit the numbers/description by clicking on the field and starting
to edit. Fine. But to actually get the selection choice, I have to
double-click. So double-clicking gets me the behavior I actually *want*.
Could we get that with just the single click?

 - The size of the fields are still wrong. It seems the field size comes
from the size of the header for that field, and the first field (which has
the "trashcan" to delete the line) isn't even draggable. So the thing looks
like this:

       [image: Inline image 1]

and that garbage can field width isn't even fixable. And the others have to
be fixed every time the program is started...

But the cylinder type selection does seem to work very well now - once you
have dragged the fields to be the right width, and once you've
double-clicked to get the selection choice. So this is already a huge
improvement.

              Linus